- the curious footprints trails -

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trip to Malacca!!

Yesterday me and my friends were dead bored at home with nothing to do. The boredom was so bad, some of them went just wanted to go out. We’ve randomly selected Melaka as our destination. We left from Seremban at 4pm. The highway traffic was smooth and we cruised by to our destination.

On the way there, I felt at ease and blessed to have many friends. We sang songs in the car all the way to Melaka. When we reached, our first destination was Jonker Street. There was a lot of traditional food there. We had cendol, durian cendol and local made egg tarts. It was all mouth wateringly good. After the long walk along Jonker Street, we headed to Dataran Pahlawan Shopping complex. All of us did some shopping of our own there. I got another pair of shoes as expected J. We walked around in Dataran Pahlawan Shopping complex for about 1.5hours. Everybody was getting hungry after that.

We decided to have our dinner in Capital satay celup. It is a local special and it’s very famous in Melaka. Some celebrities have dined there too. The food is served buffet style. The restaurant is packed and hot but still there are long lines of people at the entrance queuing up. There will be a pot of boiling handmade satay sauce that is then mixed with chicken floss and crushed peanuts. We have to dip out meat in the pot until it’s cooked. It was so delicious that the four of us ate more than 200sticks. I felt like a glutton at that moment. I was too full that I can’t move for at least 15mins.

Later on, we met with some of my local friends in a local Bar. The bar is called Arena. It was quiet packed but it’s still a good place for socializing. We finished our drink and headed home. The journey was tiring; I fell asleep in the back seat. It was a good day hanging out with my friends and I enjoy the moment. J

No comments:

Post a Comment